Friday, July 3, 2015

Horse Sense

 
 
These Days We Could Use A Little Horse Sense! 
 
 
 

Horses are my favorite animal. They are strong and beautiful. I love horseback riding, though it has been a few years since I have done that. They are fun to watch even as they graze in the pasture, their new little one playing in the summer sun. The sound of their whinny when they see you coming with a bright red apple brings joy to my heart.
Horses are used for pleasure as well as for work. I always found it interesting when I saw them with blinders on. It takes away from their beauty! After I did a little research I learned that the blinders are used to keep them on course so they remain focused. Their peripheral vision tends to distract them from their work. When plowing a field they could easily get off track and make a crooked row, when in a parade become distracted by another horse or people, or get skittish when a dog or snake comes along.
I find that in my Christian walk I need to wear "blinders". Not that I want to stick my head in the sand like an ostrich oblivious to what is going on around him. No, I need to be aware but I need to stay focused. My "peripheral" vision of ungodly world wide events tends to distract me and make me ineffective for the purpose God has for my life.

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us."  Hebrews 12:1

So if you see that my vision is focused on God and the teachings of the Bible, know that, though not perfect, my heart's desire is to stay obedient to my Master and follow Him. The "blinders" are a good thing and they provide the protection I need to stay focused on the Work of the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment