Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Desires of Your Heart

"Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12
A couple years ago my desire was to be a school nurse in a Christian school in the Chattanooga area. I filled out an application, talked to administration, and though they knew they needed a nurse, they chose to wait til a later time. Needless to say I was disappointed...but now I understand God's delays and timing. Today I work part time in a Christian school as their school nurse. This school happens to be on a tropical island in the Caribbean. I love the ocean and the beach. God had a plan and it was far better than anything I could ever imagine. Recently I had the privilege of talking to a group of 5th graders about personal hygiene. It was such a blessing to share the Word of God with them and how to apply it in their lives...even if it was something as simple as good personal hygiene. Their thank you letters made my Valentine's Day a little brighter. Thank you Lord for answering NO to the prayer I had for the school in Chattanooga and for YES here on St. Croix. I am excited about what the Lord has ahead for me here. I want to be open to His leading and to reach children and the youth with His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment