Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What is a Missionary

I wish I knew the real answer! I can tell you what it feels like though. When God called us to become missionaries we said yes (after awhile) and then tried to prepare ourselves. The best way I can describe it is interesting. It's like being in a snow globe, being shaken and then watching the flakes trickle to the bottom of the globe. Each snowflake represents a part of your  life. There is your home where you can retreat from the world, your church, family, friends, finances, your job, the weather, culture of a new people, etc. Where will each flake land? Exactly where God wants it to land. Not where you or others think it should be. When every flake has settled in the right spot, it makes a beautiful scene and there is peace and serenity. "For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."  Jeremiah 29:11
Every once in awhile I love to pick up the globe and shake it to see the scenery change. God does this in our lives also and again we are reminded that we are to trust Him to place each piece of our lives where it needs to be. The end result is a life, beautiful and useful for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment