Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Year Ago Today

This was the last picture of all of us together with our mother.  At Christmas they all went to her house for a dinner and exchange of gifts. I lived away so never made it home for Christmas. My heart was there though. During the summer I would see some of my brothers and sisters, but never all at the same time. January 29, 2010 brought us all together again but for another reason. This day it was because our mother had gone home to be with the Lord after a few days of sudden illness. Then on June 5, 2010 we had her graveside service. There is something about losing your mother that is hard to put into words. I don't think you ever get over it, you learn to accept it and remember the good things about her. She had the patience to raise 8 children, work full time, and take care of our father when he was dying.  There are times, I'm sure, when she wished life would have been easier. Sometimes that just doesn't happen. She did come to trust Jesus as her Saviour when she was 59 years old. The Lord allowed me the joy of sharing the Gospel with her, then prayed with her over the phone as she accepted Him in her life. So today as I remember her life and death I have hope...confident hope that I will see her again some day in Heaven. That makes it easier when days like this come.

No comments:

Post a Comment